Fresh Juice Vs. Smoothies?! Recipes!
A great debate. I often get the question :which one is better for you?”. Of course I love juice as I wouldn’t have a juice company otherwise but really there are benefits to both. Here is the breakdown:
Juice=Way more nutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants)
You can load up a small juice with pounds and pounds of produce so you get a lot of nutrient value.
Also an important part of our diets and one reason we all need more fresh fruits and vegetables. Fiber helps fill us up and provides bulk to keep things moving.
Smoothies made with fresh juice=Amazing! As the weather heats up smoothies are great for a quick and light meal. Here are a few of my Pure Simple Juice favorites.
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp powdered maca (increases energy!)
- 1 cup Pure Simple Almond Milk
- ½ small banana (optional)
- Ice, as you like
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup Pure Simple Green Juice
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp psyllium, hemp, flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup ice cold water or ice cubes
Strawberry Peanut Butter Milkshake
- ½ banana
- ½ cup Pure Simple Juice Almond Milk (recipe calls for oat milk but I substituted)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 5 fresh strawberries
- ½ lime, juice
Pulse milk, peanut butter, banana and 2 ice cubes in a blender. Muddle strawberries with lime juice in a large glass. Pour peanut butter milkshake on top of the strawberry mash and serve immediately. Adapted from GreenKitchenStories.